Current NSW health guidelines regarding face masks are below:
From 11 October 2021, face mask rules will change. People in Greater Sydney will no longer be required to carry a face mask with them, or wear a face mask outside, except in limited circumstances.
Everyone in NSW will be required to wear a face mask in:
• in an indoor area of premises other than a place of residence, or
• in an indoor area on common property for residential premises, or
• at a public transport waiting area or in a vehicle or vessel being used to provide
• a public transport service, or
• working at a hospitality venue and dealing directly with members of the
• public, or
• on a domestic commercial aircraft, including when the aircraft is flying above NSW.
Link to full page
Effective from 13 July 2021, anyone within or visiting common areas of Strata, Community and Company title developments must wear a face mask at all times.
To find out more please view our newsletter here
On the 5th of June 2020 the Strata Schemes Management Amendment (COVID-19) Regulation came into effect.
The amendments which were introduced to the Strata Schemes Management Regulations 2016, these amendments will allow owners corporations to hold meetings by other means even if the necessary resolutions have not been previously adopted.
The time for holding the first general meeting after the initial period for the strata scheme has also been extended to 6 months rather than 2 months as required by section 14 of the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015.
A full copy of the Regulation which has been passed for the purposes of responding to the public health emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic may be downloaded from the below link:
NSW Strata Schemes Management Amendment (COVID-19)
NSW Fair Trading have published COVID-19 Strata Guidelines for people living and working in strata schemes on how the Public Health Orders affect them.
The 10 points include:
1. Stay at home rules
2. Owners corporation responsibilities
3. Socialising in the complex
6. Common areas and shared facilities
7. Levies and contributions
8. Short-term accommodation
9. Repairs, maintenance, fire inspections and rental inspections
10. Meetings and voting
To read the full article please follow the link below:
NSW Fair Trading COVID-19 Guidelines
Strata Community Australia (SCA) have published a guide to assist Strata Managers, Strata Committees and Residents with questions around COVID-19.
Full guide can be downloaded from the below link:
SCA (NSW) COVID-19 Guide